WHEN YOU ARE SITTING ON YOUR OFFICE CHAIR, MAKE SURE TO:
- The natural head carriage : The headrest is essential for maintaining the neck, it allows the head to stand straight and keep the gaze straight. The screen must be well positioned so that your head keeps a good position without moving too much, it must not be in the air or lowered. The perfect distance from your screen is arm's length.
- Forearms : They should be supported by the desk or armrests parallel to your thighs and perpendicular to your back. The armrests should be adjusted to the same height as the desk if you can. Remember to relax your shoulders.
- The legs: They must not be crossed, the knees must not be higher than the pelvis. You must distribute your weight throughout your thighs, they must be parallel to the platform. Keeping the legs crossed complicates the proper support of the spine and shoulders.
- The back : In order to avoid any back pain, glue the lower back to the lower part of the seat, this allows the spine to be as supported as possible while keeping its natural curvature. For example: if you do not have the possibility of standing well at the bottom of the armchair, opt for a cushion. It is essential for your back to make good use of the depth of the seat.
- Feet: Your feet should be well positioned flat and touching the ground, and the use of footrests is recommended to facilitate good posture.