THE INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN WORKING CONDITIONS AND ABSENTEEISM
CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF ABSENTEEISM AT WORK
The causes of absenteeism are many and varied. They are also correlated with the type of work performed. Some causes are directly related to the tasks performed and working conditions, while others are inherent to new job requirements.
For example :
- A deleterious atmosphere can be a source of absenteeism at work, because it leads to stressful situations.
- Occupational diseases, in particular musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are among the main health reasons that lead employees to no longer be able to work for a given period of time.
- Accidents at work are a reason for absenteeism at work.
If absenteeism is measured in days not worked, it is also measured in terms of productivity for the company which:
- Has to deal with lack of quality
- Must respond to dissatisfied customer issues
- Makes the best use of internal resources and reorganizes its teams to fill in the absences
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ABSENTEEISM: WHAT RELATIONSHIP?
The working conditions of employees have a direct or indirect impact on their quality of life at work, their commitment, their productivity and, of course, their mental and physical health.
Among the working conditions whose impact is visible on the well-being of individuals, but also on absenteeism figures: shift work, poorly laid out premises, intense physical or mental effort, noise, heat, working hours... Even if the primary reasons for absenteeism are not directly correlated to everyone's body or mind, they can lead to occupational illnesses (such as MSDs) as well as repeated short breaks.
It is important for companies not to underestimate the role of working conditions in the reasons that lead employees to be absent. These causes are specific to each company and each situation is different.
Committed to improving the working conditions of employees, OPAL ERGO offers solutions adapted to everyone's working conditions, whether seated or standing. In workshops, offices, laboratories, production lines, OPAL ERGO equipment meets specific needs and above all, meets the ergonomic requirements of individuals.
From today, contact our sales department to benefit from a personalized ergonomic diagnosis in order to optimize the working conditions of your employees.
And don't miss our " Companies " programme.